Aviation Company Requires Bulk Fuel Bunded Storage Area
The Darcy envirobund is a completely versatile and environmentally compliant secondary containment system that offers up to a 40% saving when compared with blockwork and concrete. Envirobund is made from modular galvanised steel panels and features a no dig option for cost effective installation around existing tanks and pipework. This tried and tested secondary containment system is in successful operation across the uk.
- Due to our relationship through previous works on site, we were asked by a leading UK airport to assess current bunded areas on site and potential issues with current bunding systems.
Issues Identified on Site
- Bulk Fuel storage was liable to collision.
- Bunded area was not suitable to the capacity of the tanks in the event of a spillage
- The installation of an envirobund enabled the tanks to be within a suitable bunded area.
- Due to its installation, the Envirobund can be moved to another area if required.
- Due to the airside location, the total installation time of the 12m x 10m bund (3 days) enabled minimal disruption to the client and their operations.
View full details on our envirobund
To discuss our envirobund design and installation please contact Darcy on 0800 0370 899.