Darcy Products Limited carries out the manufacture, supply, installation, and commissioning of products and the provision of services in the area of pollution prevention and the storage and distribution of greases, anti-corrosive coatings and refractory cements.
It is the Policy of Darcy Products Limited, to ensure that responsibilities for the environment are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of our organisation and that all reasonably practicable steps are taken to safeguard the local and global environment and to minimise environmental impacts from operations under our control. This will be achieved by the operation of an Environmental Management System (EMS).
It is our intention, while carrying out these activities, to ensure:
- The EMS meets the requirements of ISO 14001:2004.
- Compliance with all applicable legislation, codes of practice and other regulatory controls.
- Continual improvement of our environmental performance by setting and reviewing objectives and targets and allocating resources as necessary.
- Prevention or minimisation of pollution or nuisance that may be caused by our activities.
- Minimisation of waste and responsible disposal where it is unavoidable.
- Efficient use of energy and natural resources and reduction in use where possible.
- Consideration is given to environmental implications when changes to products, processes, materials and facilities are made.
- Environmentally safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances at work.
- Employees are given information, instruction and training as necessary to carry out their duties.
- All employees take reasonable care for the environment where it may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Communication with our stakeholders regarding environmental management.
- An effective environmental management system by conducting audits of our policy, procedures and operational controls and implementing corrective action where necessary.
The Directors have appointed Peter Bowden as Environmental Manager with responsibility for running the EMS.
This Environmental Policy will be reviewed at least annually and updated when necessary and any changes will be communicated to all employees.
Signed Date November 2018