Health and Safety Policy
It is the policy of Darcy Products Ltd to:
- Establish and implement a Health & Safety Management System (HSMS) to manage the risks associated with our all our business activities, functions and premises.
- Provide sufficient resources to meet the requirements of current Health and Safety legislation and of OHSAS 18001.
- Regularly monitor our performance and revise our Health & Safety Management System as necessary to ensure we achieve our objective of continual improvement.
- Actively promote an open attitude to Health & Safety issues, encouraging staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute to creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Communicate and consult with our staff on all issues affecting their health and safety and, in doing so, bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide adequate training for our staff to enable them to work safely and effectively.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify hazards and improve control measures.
- Prioritise, plan and complete any corrective actions required to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Monitor and investigate accidents, controlling their root causes where necessary.
- Plan and prepare for emergencies and dangerous situations.
- Maintain our premises and work equipment to a standard that ensures that risks are effectively managed.
- Ensure that responsibilities for Health & Safety are allocated throughout the management structure, understood, and fulfilled.
- Ensure that all employees understand their Duty of Care for their own and others’ health & safety.
- Retain access to competent advice and assistance through the support of external consultants, thereby ensuring that we are aware of relevant changes in legislation and 'Good Practice'.
- Respond to new developments in law, regulation, techniques and knowledge.
- Provide health surveillance for staff where appropriate and maintain records.
- Co-operate with other organisations on construction sites to ensure that they are aware of any risks to their employees and other people posed by our activities, that we are aware of any risks to our employees from their activities, and that we comply with the requirements of relevant legislation.
The Directors have appointed Peter Bowden as Health and Safety Manager with responsibility for running the HSMS.
Signed Date 21/02/2017