It is the aim of Darcy Products Ltd and its affiliates ("PMD Technologies Ltd T/A Aquasentry” and “Ayles Fernie International" or "Darcy Products Group") that all persons whose personal data is processed by Darcy Products shall at all times be confident that their privacy is respected and that due care is taken regarding his or her personal data. Further information can be found in Darcy Products Code of Conduct.
1.1 Darcy Products Ltd (registration number 472058) is the data controller for the processing carried out by us or on our behalf. This means that we determine the purpose of and means for the processing of your personal data, i.e. why and how we process the data.
2.Data we may collect from you
2.1 Personal data, including data such as names and addresses which you provide to Darcy Products, may be processed manually as well as by computers. We collect personal information when you:
- Make a transaction
- Register online
- Request a brochure
- Sign up for our newsletter and other marketing emails
- Enquire about our products and/or services
- Post material to our website or social media
- Complete customer surveys
- Raise a complaint
- Speak with one of our representatives
- Use our website or contact us in any other way
Personal information collected may include the following:
- Full name
- Company name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
- Machine identifiers
- Complaint information
- Behavioral data
2.2 Visitors to our website
An IP address is a unique number which makes it possible to identify a user's connection to the Internet and it is automatically provided by your web browser each time you view a website. Any visit to the Darcy Products sites may lead to registration of the IP address used for such access. We also use IP addresses to measure the use of the Darcy Products webpages. Such measurement may include:
- Monitoring/collecting information about how you use the site
- to help Darcy Products to improve the site
- to personalise your experience by tailoring the content you see
- to optimise your user experience
- to determine frequency of use
This may also apply in relation to any user accounts you may have with Darcy Products. We may also perform statistical analysis of data collected.
This site may use "cookies," which are small data files stored on your computer or another computer for use with your web browser software. Cookies are used on this site to provide the user with access to functions available on the site such as ordering information material and choice of language. If you would like information about cookies and on how to restrict or block cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
2.4 Other stakeholders
Other stakeholders include job applicants, former employees, clients and third parties, as well as individuals contacting Darcy Products via social media.
Any personal data collected from other stakeholders will be processed in line with this policy, and the purpose it was originally collected for, and held securely. Please see section 3. Examples of personal data held for other stakeholders are:
- Contact details
- IP address
Individuals who submit an interest in working at Darcy Products will have additional data stored, such as which career programme they are interested in, in order to fulfil their request to register such an interest.
As per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), data collected must not be kept for longer than it is required. The personal data we collect about other stakeholders will be deleted when no longer required, unless there is a lawful basis to process particular data, or consent has been received to store the data.
3.How we use your data
3.1 We will collect personal information:
1) In order to fulfil our contractual obligations
2) Where processing is necessary for the performance of the contract
3) In order to take steps upon request prior to entering into a contract
- Orders and payments – providing communications about orders, products and services being provided to you
- Order updates – provide communication to update on products and services being provided
- Updates on matters affecting your order – contact you in the event of a change that affects your order or products or services being provided
- Sales and customer service communication – provide you with requested information in response to an enquiry made by you
- To provide assistance in completing orders – send reminder emails or contact you when an order placed online is not completed
- Maintain your account – create a customer record in relation to your order or communication
3.2 with your consent:
- Marketing communications
- Promotional offers – inform you about offers and other products and services that may be of interest
- Maintain records indicating your consent
3.3 in our legitimate interest:
- Customer service – to contact you to ask about the experience using our services.
- Website customisation – to customise our website and its content to you
- Product and service improvement – to improve our products and services
3.4 in order to meet our legal obligations:
- Ensure we meet statutory and tax obligations
We may periodically send promotional material to you about new products and services or other information which we think you may find of interest to the email addresses, postal addresses and phone numbers which you have provided.
If these are similar to products and services previously supplied by us to you or relevant to enquiries previously made by you, we will assume, under our legitimate interest to promote similar goods and services, that you are willing to receive this information unless you tell us otherwise.
You have the right to opt out of receiving these messages at any time. Please see Section 6 – Your Rights.
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure efficiencies and monitor use of our website as per section 2.2
- To administer any request from you
- To administer any actions needed regarding any agreements with you
- Marketing and customer follow-up
- To comply with regulatory requirements
- For business analysis
3.6 Personal data will be securely stored on our servers in the majority of cases. Should there be a need to disclose your data elsewhere we will do so after checking the security measures in place. See section 4.
3.7 This privacy notice does not cover any links that may be posted within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
4.Disclosure of your data
4.1 Darcy Products may provide your personal data to third parties such as a partner or distributor of our products in order to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected. The data provided by you might be exported to other parties of the Darcy Products Group and/or business partners located in countries within, or outside of, the European Union and the European Economic Area.
4.2 Where data needs to be exported outside of the Darcy Products Group, and the European Economic Area, suitable contracts will be drawn up to maintain a level of security equivalent to the GDPR of the data.
4.3 We will not sell your data to any third party.
5.1 Darcy Products may allow you to post information, comments or other material on our site, social media networks or other online service. This is done in order to facilitate the flow of information about Darcy Products and our products. Please note the terms for such user submissions are set out in the Legal Notice above.
5.2 Do not provide us with information about other persons unless you can prove that you have their consent to provide it.
5.3 Please exercise caution when submitting personal data online. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of your passwords and personal information. Your usage of this website constitutes an acknowledgement and assumption of these risks.
6.1 Darcy Products Ltd strives to be as open and transparent as possible in regards to what personal information we hold on you and how we process that data. If you wish to further understand what data we hold on you, or request personal data be corrected, updated or deleted, you can do so using the contact details below.
6.2 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. On promotional emails we provide an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email which will unsubscribe you from that service. You must complete a separate request for each email address you wish to opt-out.
Please note it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relates to your order or enquiry.
6.3 You also have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority if you find that your personal data is being processed in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
6.4 The right to object to processing of your data
You have the right to request that Darcy Products Ltd stops processing your data. Upon receipt of such request we will contact you to confirm that we can comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
7.How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your information for the period of time determined as required by the purpose for which it is required:
8.How to Contact us
Darcy Products Limited
Larkfield Trading Estate
New Hythe Lane
T: 01732 762338
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.